So, let's get started
PARTS OF SPEECH (in brief)
- NOUNS: they refer to people, objects, etc
- PRONOUNS: they replace nouns
- VERBS: they show actions or states
- ADJECTIVES: they modify nouns.
- ADVERBS: they modify verbs, adjectives and other adverbs.
- PREPOSITIONS: they relate a noun or pronoun to its object.
- CONJUNCTIONS: they join words, phrases, clauses.
- INTERJECTIONS: they show excitement or emotion.
For next class bring:
- this list with PARTS OF SPEECH (complete list!!!)
- another EXAMPLE of a word that can belong to different parts of speech (different from the one on the video)
- paste notes & examples
DEADLINE: May 9